A Topic For MomMom

Hi. I’m writing a topic for my grandma MomMom. My sister and I woke up in the middle of the night where mom told us she died. MomMom wasn’t well for a long time, and mom was planning to fly in to see her this week. Mom seems to be okay though knowing she went peacefully in her sleep. I’ve been okay too at some times, but crying the next. There’s just so much I feel sick about when I think of her. I haven’t seen MomMom in 6 years because I’m in South Carolina and she was in Florida. Now I’ll never see her. Because of school and money, only mom is flying out to the funeral. My sister’s making a shroud for MomMom when they lay her to rest. I wrote the lyrics of a song on paper to also add. It’s a song I should’ve sang at her birthday party when I was 13, but I got stagefright.

I know it’s stupid, but I thought she would live forever. My dad’s father died when he was a baby, and all my other grandparents died when I was really young. MomMom is the only one I grew up knowing and it really hurts realizing now I have no grandparents.
Her name was Juanita Branker. She was 97. She was a Godly woman, smart, sweet, strong and fiery. She raised 13 children (my mom #8). Her motto was “When the mind’s made up, half the work is done”. I want to live life as half woman she was. I’m really grateful to carry on her namesake as Kyra Juanita Pearson. Also, I need prayers for my aunt because she has another operation for her cancer next month. She has lived with and took care of MomMom for over a decade. Now she I’m praying she can take care of herself.

I’m so sorry for your loss, Kyra. Your grandmother lived a long life, and like you said, she passed peacefully. Sending prayers and love your way♡

I’m so sorry for you. Your grandmother sounds like she was a wonderful woman. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. :black_heart::sparkling_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart:

I’m really sorry you had to go through this loss :heart: :cry: My prayers and thoughts are with you and please feel free to message me if you need to talk :heart: :heartpulse::green_heart::orange_heart::kissing_heart::revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart::two_hearts: