Anxiety At Its Highest Right Now

I was sexually assaulted today.

This morning at around 9:40am, I was standing at an intersection, waiting for the light to turn green. Some guy comes up to me and says… “You look nice today.” I thought nothing of it, and just replied with “Thanks!” He walked a few feet away from me and as I was waiting for the light to turn, I can feel his eyes on me. A few minutes later, he comes up to me and asks “You wanna f***?”

At first, it took me a second to register what he said.

“Sorry?” I said, removing one of my earbuds from my ear.

He repeated his question and I just casually said, “Nah, man, I’m good.” I didn’t meet his eyes, but he persisted.

“You’ll have a good time. It’ll be quick.” I nervously replied

“No, it’s fine.” He persisted and whispered.

“C’mon, you look nice.”

He proceeded to touch me in my… well, private area, above my shorts.

“Hey, watch it!” I yelled, swatting his hand away. “I have a…!” I was about to say “I have a boyfriend!”, but I was too shocked to register what just happened.

And then he walked off.

Seconds later, I start to panic. I immediately just start bawling. I didn’t call the police. I called my boyfriend. Asked him to pick me up from my apartment.

Told him everything. We went over to his place so I could decompress for a bit before I had to go to my class in Van Nuys. I managed to calm down somewhat and at around 11:20am, Hector dropped me off to my class.

I immediately told my mentors what happened. They instructed for me to call the police. I did and at first, I wanted them to come down to the center that I was currently at, but they took a while to get there, so at around 2:45pm, I had my boyfriend come with me down to the Van Nuys police station to make my statement. It took a little longer than expected, but eventually, I was able to give the officer my description, and she said that some detectives will be on the lookout for the guy and the instructed me to keep in touch with them in case that guy comes around again.

This entire thing… just heightened my anxiety to an entirely new level… The guy’s face still resurfaces my mind, and… I’m just… terrified.

Could desperately use some prayers guys…

Biggest Trigger in a Song Ever

God, i am so so sorry that happened to you. I really am. That is truly disgusting behaviour on his part. What a horrible person. I wish i could tell you how to get through it, but i can’t. it’s going to be hard for a little bit. i’d advise you to talk about it to your therapist. Sending so many hugs and prayers to you, love. It’s going to be okay in the end, i promise. :heart: My dms are always open. Also, props to you for having the guts to defend yourself and get him away from you in such a stressful situation.

I’m so sorry that happened to you! Props to you for telling someone and reporting it. I can honestly say the anxiety does get better. Talking about it helps don’t hold it in. I’ve been through something similar (that I’m not going to post on this thread because public and just not comfortable with that idea). If you ever want to talk my dms are open!

That is absolutely disgusting! What the heck goes through people’s minds thinking they can put their hands on you? I’m so sorry. It’s great that you went to the authorities. I pray they get the guy before he hurts anyone else. I’m so sorry. I’m praying for you, sweetie. Just keep talking to your therapist and focus on taking care of you.

I know I’m late, but I’m praying for you, love :two_hearts: I’m so sorry this has happened to and it’s good that you reached out about it. You’re in my heart and thoughts :two_hearts::two_hearts: