Book Thread (recommendations) 📚

Hey everyone♡ So, every week I’m going to try to post a book recommendation.
This topic is for all of my bookworms. Join in if you’d like!

This week’s recommendation is: See You at Harry’s by Jo Knowles
This book will break your heart; it’s so beautiful. But, it will be together in the end.

7 Likes

I’m currently reading Unravel by Neal Shuterman

Plot: In the future, there is a certain program where teens from 13 - 18 are able to be unwound. Unwound is the process of which young kids and teens are put to sleep and have their organs donated to someone else that may be in dire need of them. The people that choose the children do it based off of who they are. If a child is a delinquent and causes issues, then, a person may request for them to be unwound whether the kid likes it or not. They could also be birthed and raised just for the sake of being unwound meaning that it’s the entire reason that they exist in the first place.

Take three teens, Connor, a troublemaker whose parents have ordered for him to be unwound, Risa, a young girl that has the dream of being a professional pianist but, due to terrible circumstances, she is to be unwound. Terrified and not wanting to die, these two teens must work together and find another teen named Lev who was born just to then be unwound later on in life. Kids like Lev are known as Tithes. As Risa and Connor seek Lev out in order to save his life as well as theirs, these rebellious teens are on the hunt for some others that are just like them in order to free the other teens from a future of death as well as battle the grim system that is on the hunt to take these three away and punish them for denying their fate(s).

With 4 books in the series and an announced film adaption, these thrilling, suspenseful, action packed, dystopian mystery will either tug at your heart strings, gasp in horror, or rip your hair out from the glorious amounts of brutal imagery, plot twists, and mesmerizing fight scenes. Unwind pictures a future that is both depressing and brutal that will make real life teens thankful for being alive and not having the destiny to die without having any way of backing out.

Reading the first book and damn…it is SOOOO good so far!

5 Likes

Last semester I read East of Eden by John Steinbeck.

It’s a bit of an older book, and probably not for everybody cuz it’s super long and some parts are tedious, but I enjoyed it a lot: It makes interesting parallels with the Book of Genesis from the Bible (although I’m not religious) but it tells it in quite a simplistic manner, although the setting descriptions may be very long.

I guess if anyone’s looking for a 600 page, very involved book.

4 Likes

I have read it, I agree, it’s amazing!

(Bringing this back for my bookworm friends)

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

This is actually a series and it is an excellent series. Told in alternating points of view, the novel recounts the story of teenagers Grace and Sam. Grace has always had a strange relationship with the wolves outside her Minnesota home, ever since being attacked by them as a child. They both scare her and fascinate her, and one in particular draws her interest. He is her yellow-eyed wolf (Sam) and he intrigues her.

It is seriously so good. I’m not the biggest fan of sci-fi, but honestly it is one of the best books I have ever read.

1 Like

The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock

Ruth has a secret that she can’t hide forever. Dora wonders if she can ever truly escape where she comes from, even when good luck strikes. Alyce is trying to reconcile her desire to dance, with the life she’s always known on her family’s fishing boat. Hank and his brothers decide it’s safer to run away than to stay home—until one of them ends up in terrible danger.

Another book with alternating POVs, and it is excellent. It is the perfect book if you just want something short and simple.

1 Like

I have so many!!!

1. Game of Thrones (DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE UNDER 18. IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE)

2. The Selection Series (Honestly, it’s been a while. I don’t entirely remember how appropriate it is, but I’m pretty sure it’s like 13+. Don’t quote me on that)

3. Delirium (There is swearing and violence. None of it is super graphic, but still, you have been warned)

4. Enders Game (It’s appropriate. It doesn’t give you much background information though, so don’t read if you hate being tossed into the middle of a book with little to no warning)

5. Hunger Games (just look it up. Please. I don’t want to explain)

I have a ton more, but I don’t have a week to write them all down

3 Likes