Educational System in the United States

This topic has me thinking twice about school. I personally think that school tend to stuff you with information for a test then end up spiting it out on a test and not really care about our gifts and abilities on what we like to do on our free time. I think that schools should show interest on our gifts and abilities because let’s be honest we only care about what we want to be or accomplish in life including doing what we love as a career. Should the educational system change?

i’m in australia, but i think that schools should really cater more to the individual personalities of students

same school as charlie, but like, when the teachers teach us, they just expect us to memorise the content and then just spit it out in the exam…we end up not really understanding the content and stuff…and if your memory skills are bad like mine, well, be prepared to fail the exams…

Which is true because sometimes I don’t even remember what I’ve have learned in the last time that I was even in the classroom. I still don’t understand the fact that our teacher wouldn’t let us learn what we want to learn so, we can turn it into a career of our choice.

Ok so forewarning I’m in school to be a teacher so my opinion may be a little biased…

Teaching to everyone’s interests really wouldn’t be 100% possible. One teacher is responsible for 20+ kids there’s no way to cater to every single ones wants. There are a lot of basic things every one needs to know regardless of what they want to do in life. When you get to high school, you get a little more independent. There are classes there for specific careers but it still wouldn’t be possible to hit everyone’s career goals

yeah, that’s a really good point and i think most schools do try to cater to kid’s needs but it can be hard teaching so many people so much

That’s true, I think your right about the situation with have many students wanting to learn that subject including the student to teacher ratio. Schools wouldn’t want students only learning one subject for the whole school year. Thank you for your opinion.