Feeling mildly lonely

Hi everyone!
it’s been a while since I made a post.
long story short, I went back to school today. over the winter holidays, I went to England, my dad had a mini-stroke while I was away, and I’m going to get braces. but I don’t feel like I can tell any of my friends about these things. they all have best friends within the group, and I don’t. it makes me feel very lonely and unwanted. like I’m annoying, or excess. I don’t mind so much, I just wish I had a best friend. or I wish they’d act like they want me there or include me in conversations. but they don’t. I had a fun time with my family, who at least tried to include me and had interesting conversations with me. I miss that.
this was a bit of a self-pitying vent post, so I’m sorry. I hope you guys are having a good week :slight_smile:

I don’t find this as self-pitying. I don’t have “best friends” myself. I do have some friends and after high school my classmates began to act normal again… Would you like to be best friends?

Just remember that when things don’t turn out well, or something bad happens, that your family, friends, and all of us can help you out - even if you don’t think that’s possible. You can also message us if you’d like.

(I don't know if you are into praying or not, but prayer will always ease a situation. It may not be answered the way you'd like, but it's definitely the best.)

besties!

thank you so much for taking the time to reply, it’s made me feel a lot better :slight_smile: i do pray sometimes, if i’m worried or hopeful. it’s nice to have some form of reassurance.

Charlie! You are so amazing and valid. Honestly I was like that in high school too. I had friends of convenience but never a best friend. I always felt left out of the group. It will get better! If you ever want to talk hit me up. I’m more than happy to listen/talk!

I’ll be your best friend!!!

Just wanted to say that tbh I see you as one of my best friends! Honestly, I’m not really all that close to the other girls in our group and that’s totally okay! You are definitely NOT unwanted, or annoying, or excess. I’ll always be here for you if you ever wanna talk or vent or anything! Just text me or come talk to me in person. You’re such an amazing person and I’ll always be glad you sent me those fried food emojis on the first day of year 7 <3 <3 <3 <3 I’m really sorry I didn’t see this post before but I just wanted to say this. ilysm!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: xxxxxx

:heart: :heart: :heart: