Kyra's Diary: Still Writing About Whatever

You can use my Netflix to watch it! It’s amazing!

I’ve read literally every single one of Jenny Han’s books and they’re probably the best contemporary romance books i’ve read in my life!

Yeah, Meghan told me there’d be a second one. When she’s at school, she and the girls get together and watch it all the time. Dad rented a hotspot from the public library so we’d have Wi-Fi while we’re home on spring break. We’ve been tearing through her Netflix ever since. 3 minutes in the film, I was already emotionally invested, asking questions.

Usually I’m iffy about watching films based off books if I’ve already read the book and loved it. The worst remake for me would have to be the series for “13 Reasons Why.” I’m not saying it’s bad, just more extra and explicit than the book. I’m really squeamish. We read it for Fiction Writing and had to watch two episodes for the final. I had to put my head down and peeps laughed at me. :joy:

On a related note, has anyone seen “The Handmaid’s Tale” on Hulu? I read it for Women and Literature and the jury’s still out on whether or not I’ll see it on Meghan’s Hulu.

Meghan and I binged on all the Marvel films for the past couple of years just so we could see Captain Marvel. This woman is a real hero. I wish Stan Lee could’ve lived to see this masterpiece out in theaters. Forever grateful. :sob: :two_hearts:

My obsession is Taylor Swift’s butterfly shoes! They’re my fairytale come true! :two_hearts:

FB_IMG_1552709312767

FB_IMG_1552709335017

OMG THEYRE SO PRETTY WHAAAAAT

Meghan’s back at school and Mom’s kind of sick in the throat. She has the idea that she can sing like Halsey with her new husky, raspy voice. She told me to teach her the words to “Without Me” and I tried, but she’s always been hilariously terrible at lyrics. :joy:

P.S. Mom’s always liked Halsey, but I think she really earned her love after she painted while simultaneously singing “Eastside” on SNL. :art:

I’m back at school and I got one more class for the day, but I couldn’t wait to share my excitement! :star_struck:

My Women and Literature professor assigned the last paper for the course:

1. Present a thesis about a text that hasn’t been read for class, and the thesis should describe how the chosen text pushes readers or viewers to think about gender in meaningful ways.

2. Choose a text that you find moving and compelling! It can be a song, a poem, a short story, a novel, a TV series, a film, or a Broadway musical. The possibilities are multiple!

Two words: Sara Bareilles :heart_eyes:

My two song choices came down to either her song “Armor” or her song “She Used To Be Mine” from Waitress the Musical. But no question, it’s “Armor.” :slightly_smiling_face:

I already sent my professor the music video and I’m so excited to hear her response. :grinning:

I don’t think I’ve been this excited about a paper assignment since I wrote about Kirstin for Famoso Hispano in Spanish. :joy:

P.S. My Women and Literature professor will always be one of the sweetest, peppiest, funniest people I’ve ever met. :blush:

I am just so in love with Floof. :heart_eyes:

Floof! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: