Making Progress, Little By Little

Hey, guys. So, I went to the clinic that my mentors referred me to today. One of the psychiatrists saw that the area that I live in is a ways away from the clinic, so he recommended that I go to a different clinic that’s literally walking distance from my apartment.

So, that’s the good news.

The bad news is…

I’m home and overthinking.

The one thing that the psychiatrist had brought up to me was medication. I’m afraid to take it. I don’t know how it’d affect my body. They’d most likely be antidepressants. I don’t want to have to rely on them too much and I’m worried I could eventually become addicted to them. Addiction runs in my family, so I wonder if that’ll happen to me. The thought about all of this scares the hell out of me

Discuss all of this with the people at the clinic. Hopefully the medication is only temporary until they can work with you on what’s causing you to need them in the first place.

So glad that you’ve started this and praying that all goes well.

Hugs01

I understand being scared of medication. When I first was put on my antidepressant, I would always “forget” to take them. But as I did started to take them I started feeling a lot better, and now my doctor has even lowered my dosage because I’m doing so well. The medicine may just be a one time thing. And you can always refuse to take it if you are that uncomfortable with it. Keeping you in my thoughts love :two_hearts: