My stepbrother is dying

My stepbrother David has a cancer tumor. He already had one 3 years ago on the back of his head. and we thought he was going to get better but now he has another one. He decided not to be treated. Now I heard that he changed his mind but they still can’t cure him. They can make the tumor grow less quickly but that’s all they can do. He is gonna die anyway sooner or later. And we’re all devastated. He is 14 years old and could have done so much. But now he is sick and we don’t know how long he has. it could be over next year or 5 years later. please respond to this message. It will mean so much to me.

8 Likes

I am so sorry, Mel. Loss is such a hard thing to deal with. I can’t say that I understand, but I can say this, you have people here who will be by your side through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers along with the rest of your family. I hope everything works out for the better.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. I love you

6 Likes

I love you too :heart:.

5 Likes

Oh god. I’m so sorry. I’m sending lots of love and prayers. I have a death, survivors and fighters of cancer in my family. Love your brother all day everyday, spend all the time you can with him and pray. I’m sending your family so many prayers.

6 Likes

i’m giving all of my hope and positive feelings to you… i’ve never been in a situation like this so i can only imagine what it’s like but much love :heart: we are always here for you

7 Likes

Thank you all for so much support and love! I love you all. David will deeply appreciate this.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Oh I’m so sorry. Who did you lose and who is still alive?

3 Likes

Thank you so much. You are all such a bunch of sweethearts :heart::heart:

5 Likes

We have breast cancer in our family. When I was little my mom lost her closest sister, Auntie Ann. It was the first time I was ever really aware of cancer or fatal illness in general. They discovered my Auntie Pat’s early. My Auntie Petal got diagnosed two years ago but she’s doing good (5 year survival rate).

3 Likes

That’s so sad :cry:. But at least Antie Petal will survive right?

3 Likes

Her scans are looking good. She’s working and everything. She lived with and took care of Grandma MomMom. I don’t think MomMom ever knew about her cancer because her mind was already going. Since MomMom died last year we call her a lot so we know how she’s doing and she doesn’t feel lonely. I also have an aunt with lupus but she’s happy and lives every day to its fullest. She’s mom’s youngest sister.

4 Likes

You can’t pretend cancer or illness isn’t happening, but please don’t let it take over your life.

4 Likes

I’m so glad to hear that. And I won’t get over it very easy but I’ll try to move forward.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear that. That is always heart breaking news but even more so in someone so young.
Where there is life there is hope. Cancer is probably the most researched diseases there is and they are always coming up with new treatments and even cures.
Even though this is his new norm I hope that it doesn’t become the center of everyone’s life. Yes it has to be addressed but it doesn’t always have to be the center of attention.
Sending love and prayers for him, you, and your entire family.
SendingPrayers

5 Likes

I am so sorry to hear this news. The best thing you can do for him is to keep on and do your best for him. You can also make sure he is at least 300 yards away from any cell towers, wifi and cell phones. Also, a raw vegan diet can slow, stop and even destroy cancer. CBD oil and Cannabis especially have proven to kill and reverse cancer. The Illness managers usually will not tell you this because they do not profit from it. Do your research and you may have a very good chance of looking back on this with him 60 years from now and just call it a very close call. Peace, Love and Light!!!

3 Likes

kelly’s right. if he doesn’t want to go full vegan at least avoiding red meat is a good idea.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for telling me this!! I will tell his mother. You are amazing!! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

That is also good advise. thank you! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

3 Likes