PTXTopPopV1 Songs

just listened to a few of the others… yeah, not their best album. a lot of them go weird in the middle. otherwise it’s not too bad

OMG Mitch’s high note in Sorry Not Sorry!!! Despacito x Shape of You Kirstin SLAYS!!!

I need time to listen to all before I reply

Sadly I have to agree that this isn’t their best :frowning: I was so disappointed, especially praying - I love that song so much!
I don’t like despacito or shape of you, but that mashup was the best one! I’m gonna listen to the album again and again to see if my opinion changes :slight_smile:

I’m done with classes, listened to all the songs and I’m ready to give my review. If I say something you disapprove of, I’m sorry. Please don’t hate me. Agree, disagree, my opinion doesn’t really mean anything:

1. Scott’s voice is great, but I think Kirstin would’ve been a much better, fuller voice to solo “Sorry Not Sorry”. Even if I didn’t hear her sing “Confident” in Bones, I’d still be saying this. Mitch was perfect for the chorus though. It’s really hard to sing. I appreciate them taking out the explicits.

2. I was skeptical of “Despacito x Shape Of You” being mashed up, but after hearing it…I’M SOLD!!! Kirstin singing in Spanish is my EVERYTHING (shout out to “Hey Guapo” ). Seriously, why doesn’t she get more solos? After school, I came home and listened to LOVE.

3. I knew Mitch would solo “Feel It Still”, I just knew it. He’s just perfect. I think I like it better than the original.

4. It was great to hear Matt in “Stay”. Thier different take on the chorus was cool, but I’m not sure if I prefer it over Zedd’s DJ-ing. They slayed the opening though. It sounded just like the original.

5. I love how Scott, Mitch and Kirstin all sing parts in “Praying”. Of course I knew Mitch would slay that Ke$ha high note. No doubt they are all powerhouse singers, but I don’t think I get the emotion as much as I do with the original. The song is very personal for Ke$ha given her battle with Dr. Luke.

6. I like Julia Michaels, I like “Issues”, but I’m not crazy about it. PTX makes me a little crazier…but I’m still not in love with it.

7. I actually love “Perfect”, the PTX version and the original. I always want to hear Kevin play cello. I love Ed Sheeran. He’s always been one of those singers who didn’t need to try too hard to impress. I especially love when it’s just him and his guitar. I would agree the PTX version was too much, but they are a group after all.

8. I don’t think anyone can sing “Finesse” like Bruno Mars. It’s missing that soul. Plus, it doesn’t work as well without Cardi B and her rap. But I applaude Kevin and Matt for slaying the beat all the way through.

As for the songs I already heard…

1. I love Charlie Puth’s voice, but for some reason I don’t know, I’m not a fan of any of his songs. BUT I LOVE PTX’s “Attention”!!!

2. Scott sounds so hot in “New Rules x Are You That Somebody?”. Kevin and Matt slayed in the beginning.

3. Even before Camila Cabello went solo, she was always my favorite. I didn’t however like “Havana” the first time I listened to it. She has a great voice. In time it grew on me. But I like the PTX version better. They sound much smoother and Mitch’s Ooooh’s were much sweeter, flawless. My Mom listened to Scott’s solo in it and she was so disappointed when I reminded her he was gay. Seriously, his vocals are just as hot as he is. (Shout out to PTX’s “Let’s Get It On”)

i agree with most of the points. I’m a big rock/classics fan and i think that’s why i don’t like the songs as much

You know what? I :heart: PTX’s “Issues”. Kirstin sings it so smoothly. :blush:

I got a PTX ad when I was about to listen to PTX!

loool, i got that as well, that night i was going to go to their concert and i was listening to them before and i got an ad on their vid for the concert i was going to that night XD

yess i love it aswell! i also really like feel it still.