Sleep paralysis and EHS

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with Sleep paralysis and Exploding head syndrome? I know it’s weird to be asking but I just want to know if you have experienced it or anything similar.
For the passed two weeks, on and off, I’ve had paralysis and loud noises going off in my head each I start to fall asleep.
It stops if I move to a different room to sleep but it is scary to go through :sleeping:
Maybe share similar experiences below?
Tiger xx

OMG! I am so sorry! I’ve never even heard of Exploding Head Syndrome before. Is there any treatments for this?

Thank you for the hug! :two_hearts: I don’t really know too much about it but I assume its kinda stress related and probably has something to do with messes up sleep patterns :expressionless:

I know melatonin is supposed to help with sleep. That and you might look at some things that reduce stress as a part of your bedtime ritual. There are some herbal teas that are supposed to help with stress and I think lavender is supposed to also.
I hope you can find something that helps. Praying that you find relief from this quickly.

Lavender definitely does help with sleep. Get some lavender oil, put it on a cotton ball, and place it somewhere where it will spread to the entire room. The parents at band camp take it around every year and it does calm everyone down.

Unfortunately melatonin is near impossible to get in the UK but I will definitely look into the teas and stress relief xx
Thank you so much for your help! :heart:

Thank you! I will try the lavender as soon as possible and see if it helps xx :heartpulse:

I’m really sorry! I hope things get better for you! I found these and I hope they help :slightly_smiling_face:
http://dreamstudies.org/2011/04/12/10-ways-to-prevent-sleep-paralysis/

I’ve never heard of EHS :0 I’m sorry I don’t know anything about that.
But I do get sleep paralysis very often. It’s been going on since third grade, so by now I’ve gotten used to it and typically just wait it out. When I was younger I held hands with my mom to go to sleep and now I listen to music. Both of those work well–for me at least. A lot of the stuff online doesn’t work for me but it might work for you, like laying on your side instead of your back.
I hope that helped at least a bit :no_mouth: do you have the kind where you wake up and have it or as you’re going to sleep?

Thank you so much for the articles! I’ve read through them both and the one on sleep paralysis seems especially helpful xx :blush:

It’s lovely to hear from someone who has the same problems! I get it as I fall asleep which causes me to wake up again so it become a bit of a cycle. On nights when it’s really persistent I go and sleep in my parents room which always stops it. :disappointed_relieved: Thank you for your help! :smile:

Yeah! Np. If you ever need someone to talk to about it I’m always here :slight_smile:

Yay! Glad I could help😘

I don’t know anything about sleep paralysis but my psychologist is learning me a few relaxing exercises, they might help you as well! You have to take deep breaths and try to sent the relaxed feeling you feel in your shoulders when you blow the air out through the rest of your body. If you feel more relaxed you have to try to think of something you really like, like stepping in your favourite tv show or meeting ptx :wink:. This might help you to silence the noise. For me it helps controlling pain.

Thank you so much! I will definitely try these exercises out and see how it works xx Thank you :heart_exclamation:

No problem glad I could help!

Don’t worry it happens to me frequently but I still get scared sometimes but if it helps when I hear the loud noise of cymbals I wake up but I can’t move my body for a minute or so because I think I have sleep paralysis and EHS so I don’t think it can get any worse than that. https://media.tenor.co/images/1b7056e720dfd083f7a6bf3470536469/tenor.gif

^^^ can someone translate?