What's your song of the day?

Gravity by Sara Bareilles

This one is self-explanatory. Sara is filled with so much talent and power it’s amazing. My absolute favorite by her :two_hearts:

Sarrrraaaaa :sob: :two_hearts:

Gravity is the second chapter of her book about her first real heartbreak. I love how every chapter in her book is named after one of her songs, telling her background and writing process for each one.

One of my favorite Sara Bareilles songs is “Let the Rain.” I listen to it when I’m sad in my room and on campus. I like to tune out the world with these lyrics:

"I wish I were pretty
I wish I were brave
If I owned this city
Then I’d make it behave

And if I were fearless
Then I’d speak my truth
And the world would hear this
That’s what I wish I’d do, yeah

If my hands could open, you’d see
I’d take all these secrets in me
And I’d move and mold them to be
Something I’d set free

I want to darken in the skies
Open the floodgates up
I want to change my mind
I want to be enough
I want the water in my eyes
I want to cry until the end of time

I want to let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down
Let the rain come down
Make a brand new ground
Let the rain come down tonight"

What’s the book called?

Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song

I’m gonna see if I can get it :blush:

“Tomorrow Never Knows” by the Beatles - did a paper on this song. Hoping I get above a C.

Ariana Grande…

“Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored” - song interpolates “It Makes Me Ill” by NSYNC.

“7 Rings” - never thought I’d hear Rodgers and Hammerstein like that. Fan girl love to Julie Andrews!

Both amazing songs!

song of the day: sunflower by rex orange county… lil life update i have a boyfriend im very happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yay! Congrats! I’m glad you’re happy :blush:

I love love :two_hearts:

“Light My Candle” and “Take Me Or Leave Me” from Rent.

• In my opinion, those are two of the most entertaining songs between couples in a musical. :blush: :two_hearts:

sotd is everytime by boy pablo … is groovy … follow me on spotify because i have monthly playlists of HECKA groovy [email protected]

Ugh I had to delete my spotify for storage reasons. But I’ll check it out whenever I get it back.

also slightly related to this … do you think it’d be Fun if we put like music opinions on this topic or should that go somewhere else? because i have TONS of opinions about musics and upcoming artists that i want to share but idk if we really want discourse on this topic ://

You got the freedom to create as many topics as you please! Do what feels right! I got class, so I must sign off for now. :blush::+1:

thanks 4 ur thoughts !! have fun in class lol i’m in class too rn

i’m fine with discourse on this topic but idk if itll annoy anyone else who replies to it … go hogwild tho idc i don’t rly come on here anyway